A year earlier, on 21 September 1948, Marcel Cerdan had won the middleweight boxing world title by technical knockout against King of the KO, Tony Zale. On September 14, 1949, a few weeks before his death, she sang Hymne à l’amour at the Versailles, a New York cabaret.
Following this second loss of a loved one, after that of her daughter, Édith Piaf began to take morphine, overcome by grief and pain caused by acute polyarthritis. She sang L’Hymne à l’amour and also Mon Dieu in memory of Marcel.
In Édith Piaf’s Horoscope:
On October 28, 1949 is set in 8° 17′ of Virgo. It is of Very Powerful force in the House IX conjunct with the Midheaven. It is conjunct with natal Mars and the transits of Saturn and Mars.
The degree of the year is situated at 3° 20′ of Scorpio. It is of Powerful force through the transit of the Sun.
At thirty three years and ten months, it announces the Venus-Mars period. Mars is of Very Powerful force in the House IX conjunct with the Midheaven.
Édith Piaf waited for Marcel -Analogies
- Mars is the master of the planetary period. It is of Beneficent quality as master of Fire Triangle and of Very Powerful force, conjunct with the Midheaven. It represents Marcel Cerdan, the world champion of boxing, the leader (Midheaven) sportman and warrior (double Mars), her new lover (Mars governor of the House V, that of love and sex. But it is attacked by Saturn at the Midheaven that is in analogy with the greatest adversities (in the House VIII to its natal position and with an Evil quality in Virgo) and also by Pluto, the god of death of ancient times. With a Very Evil quality in Cancer, its sign of Detriment, Saturn also means the end of life (as the 4th derived House) of lover (from the Vth, the love and sex).
- The degree of the day is of Very Powerful force positioned between Mars and the Midheaven. It involves the same energies of Mars, the master of the period, Saturn (the greatest adversities) and Pluto (disruption and death).
- The degree of the year is of Powerful force, conjunct with the transit of Sun in the House XII. It also means greatest adversities (as 8th derived House) of lover (from the Vth, the love and sex).
In the Solar Revolution of 1949 (SR 1949):
On October 28, 1949 is situated at 8° of Virgo in the House IX and conjunct with the two Midheavens. It is conjunct with Saturn of SR and natal Mars.
The degree of the year is at 29° 28′ of Libra. It is conjunct with the two cusps of the Houses XII.
The planetary period is that of Venus-Mars.
The plus of the Solar Revolution
- In this Solar Revolution, the Houses of SR merge with the natal Houses. This dual position does double the power of the angles of this theme. The degree of the day is of Very Very Very Powerful force, conjunct with the two Midheavens, Saturn of SR and natal Mars. Saturn is of Evil quality in Virgo. It is the determination of the end (dissonant Saturn) of the world champion (Mars is in conjunction with MC, that represents leaders).
- Venus of SR is of Very Powerful force, conjunct with the two Ascendants. It is in analogy with the end of love (as governor of the two Houses XII = exile) of love (innate meaning of Venus).
This entry was posted Saturday, May 10th, 2014 à 9:08 am and is filed under Edith Piaf (Biography), Love.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.